what you'll get
Say “goodbye” to the days of paying at the pump, and “hello” to your very own 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo. This is Porsche’s very first all-electric vehicle and it’s setting the gold standard for performance, luxury and practicality. The best part of all is that you’ll be one of the first to own one! We’re even throwing in $20,000 cash for you to spend on whatever you want. And to really make this dream come true, you’ll get the keys to your sweet new ride from Patrick Dempsey himself! Flights and hotel, plus the car’s taxes and shipping costs are covered.
- Maximum Seating: 5 seats
- Transmission: Automatic
- Engine: 2 Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors
- Drivetrain: AWD
- Exterior/Interior Color: Volcano Grey Metallic/Basalt Black & Atacama Beige
- Charge Range: 201 miles
- Top Speed: 161 mph
- Maximum Horsepower: 616 HP (670 HP using Overboost Power with Launch Control)
- Maximum Torque: 626 lb-ft
- Acceleration: 0-60 mph in 3 seconds
- MSRP (Car + Cash): $200,000
No donation or payment is necessary to enter or win this sweepstakes.
who you'll help
The Dempsey Center is committed to making life better for people managing the impact of cancer, including cancer patients, survivors, caregivers and family members of all ages. Their services include oncology massage therapy, acupuncture, counseling and support groups, movement and fitness classes, and nutrition education. Your donation will help ensure all services are provided at no cost.
Omaze, Inc. (“Sponsor”)
Dempsey Center ("Charity")
All donations made in connection with a fundraising campaign are paid to Charities Aid Foundation of America (“CAFA”), an IRS-recognized, U.S. public charity whose mission is to make giving internationally and domestically safe, easy and effective for U.S. donors. CAFA prequalifies each Charity as an eligible recipient of CAFA grants. At the end of each fundraising campaign, so long as the Charity continues to qualify as an eligible recipient of CAFA grants, CAFA will make a grant to the Charity of the net proceeds of the fundraising campaign.*
Omaze, Inc. ("Prize Provider")
Grand Prize Details: Winner will receive a 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo and $20,000 USD. Winner can choose to meet Patrick Dempsey in Los Angeles, CA.
U.S. sales tax prepaid and up to 25% of ARV, excluding any additional cash prize component (i.e., ARV less any additional cash prize), will be paid by Omaze to the winner to put towards any required U.S. income taxes.
All third party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The vehicle prize is to be provided on an “as is” basis without any representations and warranties whatsoever. Sponsor does not represent or warrant that the vehicle adheres to or is in compliance with any applicable state or federal safety, environmental and/or other standards and requirements in order for the vehicle to be legally operational or certified for use on public roadways. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to evaluate the vehicle and ensure that it satisfies all applicable standards and legal requirements for its intended use and operation.
Sweepstakes Start Date:
March 17, 2020
Deadline to Enter:
July 14, 2020 at 11:59pm PT
On or around July 29, 2020
Approximate Retail Value:
You must be at least 18 years old to win.
Winners must be a resident of North America or Europe excluding Belgium, Italy, and the United Kingdom. In certain countries, local rules and laws may restrict or prohibit the award of certain prizes or impose additional restrictions on participation. Entry is subject to all local laws. See our Sweepstakes Official Rules for more details. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Charity, or Prize Provider, and members of their immediate families and households, are not eligible to win.
Individuals may not receive more than one major/grand prize and one minor prize within the same 18 month period.
How to Enter:
Visit Omaze.com to utilize any of our methods of entry. Receive bonus entries for donations. See our Sweepstakes Official Rules for more details. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries held.
Winner Confirmation Process:
Within 10 business days of campaign close, we’ll use an automated random drawing process to draw a potential winner(s) for that campaign. A confirmation process, which may include a background check, will then take place to ensure the potential winner meets the legal standards required. Winner and, if applicable, their guest(s) agree to cooperate fully with Omaze in Omaze conducting any background check(s), which includes providing information requested by Omaze including, but not limited to, full legal names and addresses. If the Prize includes meeting a celebrity, meeting a public figure, or attending a special event and any background check indicates, in Omaze’s sole discretion, that the potential winner or the potential winner’s guest(s) pose a danger to or may harm the reputation of any person or entity involved in the sweepstakes, Omaze may disqualify said winner and move on to the next randomly drawn potential winner. Pending a positive outcome of the confirmation process, an Omaze representative will notify the potential winner via email and/or phone. The potential winner must respond within the time period designated in the notification, or Omaze may move on to another randomly drawn potential winner. Before confirming a potential winner as the winner, Omaze may require the potential winner to confirm their eligibility. Once that’s done, the potential winner and guest(s) must execute and return all required documents within the time frame specified by Omaze. If you do not execute and return all required documents within the time frame specified by Omaze, you will forfeit the Prize and Omaze will move on to another randomly drawn potential winner.
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR CONTRIBUTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Contributing will not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
At Omaze, we believe fundraising should be about impact, not percentages. Our model allows us, in partnership with Charities Aid Foundation America (we call them CAFA), to really make a difference and disrupt the way society traditionally thinks about charitable giving.
Here’s how it works: Omaze and CAFA work together to offer incredible prizes and experiences that anyone can potentially win. You don’t have to donate to enter, but if you do, your donation to CAFA is then used to make a charitable grant to a great cause, which we love. Omaze pays for everything that’s needed to run the sweepstakes, which means the only ones taking a chance are the entrants (you!)—not the charity. The nonprofit can spend less time worrying about raising funds, and instead focus their energy on doing awesome work.
*Omaze also invests in securing the prizes for the typical Omaze Owned campaign, so for these, from every dollar you donate, 15 cents is retained by CAFA, all of which is then used by CAFA to make a grant to the associated charity. If there are multiple charities, then grants of equal share are made to each charity. 70 cents is typically used to actually get the prize, process payments and advertise to awesome people like you (Omaze Owned campaigns require more significant marketing efforts by Omaze and do not rely (or rely to a much smaller degree) on the work and name of celebrities to help raise awareness and promote the campaign). The remaining 15 cents of your dollar goes to Omaze—it’s used to cover the cost of providing and maintaining the technology and team that makes this all happen.
The result? Causes get a guaranteed grant with no risk and no overhead or investment, our lucky winners get awesome prizes, and everyone else gets to help a great cause and spread joy!
SUPPLEMENTAL SWEEPSTAKES AS OF 6/9/2020
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Donating will not improve chances of winning. Void where prohibited.
Omaze is conducting a supplemental sweepstakes for the Win a 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo and $20,000 campaign (“Supplemental Promotion”). Entrants can receive entries into the Supplemental Promotion.
SUPPLEMENTAL PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
THE SUPPLEMENTAL SWEEPSTAKES IS SPONSORED BY OMAZE.
1. DRAWINGS STRUCTURE:
The Supplemental Promotion begins at 9:00 a.m. PT on June 9, 2020 and ends on June 12, 2020 at 9:00 am PT (“Supplemental Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s method of timekeeping is the official time clock for the Supplemental Promotion.
During the Supplemental Promotion Period, Sponsor will conduct a total of one (1) random drawing (the “Supplemental Drawing”). The Supplemental Drawing shall take place on the schedule described below (the “Supplemental Drawing Date”) for the prizes described below (each a “Prize”).
All Entries submitted during the Supplemental Promotion Period will be entered into the Drawing.
Supplemental Prize (full details below):
One winner and a guest will get a 1-day performance driving experience at the Porsche Experience Center: 1.5 hours total riding in the Porsche Taycan Turbo and the 911 Turbo on Porsche's private race track with a professional driver. Winner gets to choose whether they attend the LA or Atlanta location.
The supplemental sweepstakes prize is a Minor prize.
ARV of Supplemental Prize:
Supplemental Drawing Date:
June 12, 2020
Winner Announcement Date:
July 29, 2020
Location of Supplemental Drawing:
Los Angeles, CA
2. ELIGIBILITY: Winners must be a resident of North America or Europe excluding Belgium, Italy, and the United Kingdom. Winners under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian as their Guest. If Winner is under 21 years of age, they are required to take a cash alternative of $3,100 USD.
Guest(s) must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless Winner is the legal guardian of Guest and Guest is at least 5 years of age or older at the time of travel. In addition to Winner requirements (detailed below), Guest(s) must complete and return a publicity and liability release prior to departure. If Winner is the legal guardian of Guest, Winner must execute and return all required documents on behalf of such child or legal ward.
3. DESCRIPTION OF SUPPLEMENTAL PRIZE: One (1) Supplemental Prize consisting of one (1) trip for Winner and one (1) Guest consisting of: roundtrip coach/economy air transportation (from gateway city nearest Winner’s home) to either Los Angeles or Atlanta for a 1-day performance driving experience at the Porsche Experience Center: 1.5 hours total riding in the Porsche Taycan Turbo and the 911 Turbo on Porsche's private race track with a professional driver. In the event the Winner and/or Guest engage in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor or Prize Providers, in their sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor and Prize Providers reserve the right to terminate the trip or any element of the Supplemental Prize early, in whole or in part, and send the Winner and/or Guest home, with no further compensation. Winner and Guest must obey all rules and complete any paperwork required for the Supplemental Prize, including but not limited to any additional releases, contracts, waivers required by the Sponsor and Prize Providers and, failure to sign such paperwork and/or to furnish all required information on dates selected by Sponsor and Prize Providers in their sole discretion. In addition, Sponsor reserve the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Winner and/or Guest if a potential Winner and/or Guest is not eligible to be awarded the Prize, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion. Winner and Guest must travel on dates selected by Sponsor. Winner will be advised of such date after being awarded the Supplemental Prize and must travel on such date or the applicable element of the Supplemental Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. Travel and accommodations are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion and subject to availability and change. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless Guest is the child or legal ward of Winner and at least 13 years or older at the time of travel then such minor may participate in the trip and must be accompanied at all times by the Winner during the trip and at the Porsche Experience Center. Guests must complete and return a publicity and liability release prior to departure. If a Guest is the child or legal ward of the Winner, Winner must execute and return all required documents on behalf of such child or legal ward. Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary and on the dates specified by Sponsor or Supplemental Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. If Winner lives less than 100 miles from Los Angeles, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of airfare. Winner and Guest must be able to comply with all travel and visa requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting necessary identification (including passport) at the time of travel, and for ensuring that the Winner and Guest each are not disqualified (for example, by virtue of a criminal record) from entering the United States, as applicable. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. The Released Parties are not liable for any missed events or opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in (but this card will not be charged for any costs included in the Supplemental Supplemental Prize). Any costs incurred due to changes to the original itinerary requested by the Winner are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Any additional transportation, meals, gratuities, trip cancellation insurance, personal purchases and all other expenses not specified herein are solely the Winner’s responsibility. The total ARV of the Supplemental Prize is USD $4,150. Actual value depends on city/day/time of departure, provision of lodging (if any) and means of travel. If Winner is unable to make the trip on date selected, such Supplemental Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will award such Supplemental Prize to an alternate Winner.
IF WINNER IS NOT ABLE TO TRAVEL ON THE DESIGNATED DATES SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, WINNER WILL FORFEIT THE SUPPLEMENTAL PRIZE AND NO OTHER SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE MADE. IN THE EVENT OF A SUPPLEMENTAL PRIZE FORFEITURE, THE SPONSOR MAY, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, AWARD OR NOT AWARD THE FORFEITED SUPPLEMENTAL PRIZE TO AN ALTERNATE WINNER.