Omaze x Giadzy Social Sweepstakes
NOTICE REGARDING DISPUTE RESOLUTION: THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTAIN TERMS THAT GOVERN HOW CLAIMS BETWEEN YOU AND SPONSOR RELATING TO YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION WILL BE RESOLVED. FOR EXAMPLE, SECTION 12 INCLUDES AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND WAIVER OF A CLASS ACTION THAT REQUIRES YOU TO SUBMIT ALL CLAIMS TO ARBITRATION (INSTEAD OF GOING TO COURT BEFORE A JUDGE AND JURY) AND LIMITS YOUR ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS ON BEHALF OF ANYONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF (THAT IS, IT PROHIBITS YOU FROM BRINGING ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR PURPORTED COLLECTIVE OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING).
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. THE SPONSOR: Omaze, Inc. (“Sponsor” or “Omaze”) is a United States, Delaware corporation and a for-profit, commercial fundraiser, technology, and media company that leverages the power of storytelling and technology to radically change charitable giving.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The “Omaze x Giadzy Social Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) is open to: legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are at least 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, officers, and agents of Sponsor, any contractor or other partner engaged by Sponsor to supply and/or fulfill any portion of the Prize(s), including, without limitation, any Prize supply partners, or any advertising, promotion and judging agencies or all other service agencies involved with the Promotion, as well as their affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives and agencies (collectively "Promotion Parties"), and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside and/or whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
This Promotion is subject to all applicable international, federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion will begin on July 18, 2022 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time and end on July 19, 2022 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received before the Promotion Entry Period end time/date to be valid. Sponsor is the official timekeeper.
4. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Entry Period, entrants must follow @Omaze and @TheGiadzy on Instagram and “like” and comment on the Omaze x Giadzy collaborative “Omaze x Giadzy” Instagram grid post.
All entries on Instagram must be made by an entrant with an active and valid Instagram account from which the entrant “likes” and submits the entrant's comment in accordance with this Section. Each entrant with an active and valid Instagram account that successfully “likes” and comments on the Omaze x Giadzy collaborative dedicated “Omaze x Giadzy” Instagram grid post in accordance with this Section equals one (1) entry. Entries submitted by entrants that do not have an active and valid Instagram account from which entrant “likes” and submits an entrant's comment in accordance with this Section are not valid entries for the Promotion.
Entrant understands and acknowledges that entrant, not the Promotion Parties, is solely and fully responsible for any content posted by entrant in connection with the Promotion (a “Post”). Entrant further represents and warrants that entrant’s Post(s) will:
By entering this Promotion, the entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters.
5. LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: Limit of one (1) entry per person. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed, or similar entry method or entering more than the number of times permitted will void all entries and result in disqualification. You may not enter more times than indicated. Using multiple accounts or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules is strictly prohibited. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address, account, or phone number. Individuals who do not follow all of the instructions, provide all required information, and/or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. By entering this Promotion, the entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters.
6. DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted on or after July 19, 2022 by Sponsor to select two (2) prize winners, each subject to verification, (each a “Prize Winner” or “Winner”) from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATIONS: Each potential Winner will be notified on or after July 19, 2022, by private, direct message on Instagram. Each potential Winner will have twenty-four (24) hours to respond to Sponsor’s notification. Failure of a potential Winner to respond to Sponsor’s notification within twenty-four (24) hours will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have, in its sole and absolute discretion, the option to award the prize to an alternate potential Winner from the eligible entries, each subject to verification. The return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate potential Winner may be selected.
8. PRIZE AND PRIZE TERMS: Prize Winner will receive one (1) “Choose-Your-Own Pasta Adventure Gift Box” curated by Giadzy, as detailed here: Giadzy Choose-Your-Own Pasta Adventure Gift Box (the “Prize”). The Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. Limit one prize per family or household. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by Winner.
9. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, by entering into this Promotion and accepting the Prize, Winner agrees to these Official Rules and grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing) permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority, including any contractor or other partner engaged by Sponsor to supply and/or fulfill any portion of the Prize(s), including, without limitation, any Prize supply partners, to use his/her name and likeness, including social media handles and photographs, and/or submitted images, text or other intellectual property of the Winner, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by Winner regarding the Promotion and/or Prize for Sponsor’s own advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented, without further compensation or right of approval and without territorial or time limitations. All federal and state laws apply.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, incorrect, or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, bugs, virus, technical failures, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions, the website, or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the website, or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or any of the Promotion Parties resulting from the entrant’s participation or attempt to participate in the Promotion. Promotion Parties not responsible for any errors in these Official Rules, the Promotion materials, or the announcement of a Winner. As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing); (a) to release the Promotion Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage or expense arising out of or in connection with participation in this Promotion or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize; (b) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and/or any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (c) that all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards, if permitted to proceed, will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. For avoidance of doubt, the Promotion Parties will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant's failure to receive prize notices due to entrant's spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Promotion; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Promotion; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Promotion, or announcement of the prize(s). If, in the Sponsor's opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the Promotion, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel or modify this Promotion in a manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor.
12. BINDING ARBITRATION: Please read this Section carefully. you understand and agree that you waive your right to sue or go to court to assert or defend your rights connected with these Official Rules.
In addition, you will retain the right to opt out of arbitration entirely and litigate any Claim if you provide us with written notice of your desire to do so by regular mail sent to the attention of Omaze’s Legal Department at the Omaze address set out in Section 15, below, within thirty (30) days following the date you first agree to these Official Rules. If Omaze changes any of the terms of this Section 12 after the date you first accepted these Official Rules (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Official Rules), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the date such change became effective. By rejecting any change, you are agreeing that you will arbitrate any Claim between you and Omaze in accordance with the terms of this Section 12 as of the date you first accepted these Official Rules (or accepted any subsequent changes to these Official Rules).
(E) Dispute Resolution and Notification of Claims: Prior to bringing a Claim you and Omaze each agree to notice the other party and attempt, in good faith, to negotiate an informal resolution. To begin this process, before initiating any arbitration proceeding, the party seeking to bring a Claim must send a Notice of Claim (“Notice”) by certified mail to the other party. All Notices to Omaze must be sent to the Omaze address set out in Section 15, below. The Notice must describe the nature and basis of the Claim and the relief sought. If we are unable to resolve the potential Claim within forty-five (45) days after receipt of the Notice, then you or Omaze may initiate arbitration proceedings as set out below.
18. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: These Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between Sponsor and entrant with respect to the Promotion and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications, whether electronic, oral or written, between Sponsor and entrant with respect to the Promotion.
This Promotion is not sponsored, produced, executed, administered, endorsed, or affiliated in any way with Meta Platforms, Inc., Instagram, Inc., or any of their respective affiliates.
Copyright ©2022 Omaze, Inc. All third-party names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.