Each Promotion has its own individual Promotion Rules as well. In the event of a conflict between the Official Rules and the Promotion Rules, the Promotion Rules govern.
1. ENTERING A PROMOTION. Each Promotion is designed to enable Charities to offer participants (“Entrants”) the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences, which are sometimes provided by third-party prize donors (“Prize Providers”) by entering in one of the following ways:
- Entering via free, alternate methods of entry, such as completing an online entry form or mailing a 3×5 card print your full name, address (no post office box addresses accepted), city, state, zip code, date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy), email address, and the Promotion item you want to enter into on a plain piece of 3″ x 5″ paper and mail in a stamped, hand-addressed business-size envelope to: Omaze: Charity Promotion Non-donating entry, P.O. Box 866, 9942 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232 postmarked no later than the last day of the Entry Period and received within 5 days thereafter. If alternative rules are set forth in the promotion rules to use an online free alternative method of entry (click here to view the online FAME), those rule apply. Limit one mail entry per Promotion and one entry per outer mailing envelope. No mechanically reproduced Entries permitted. Illegible Entries are void. Omaze is not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, delayed, inaccurate, incomplete, postage due, misdirected Entries or Entries not postmarked by the last day of the applicable Promotion. Entries postmarked after the applicable Promotion Period printed on the envelope will be disqualified.
- Completing certain activities, such as signing a petition (“Activities”); or
- Donate to a Charity via the Website. Donation minimum and maximum amounts are specified by the Charity (each a “Donation”). The number of entries you receive per dollar amount of your donation will be posted at the Entry Site. You must have a valid credit card to enter by this method. Your submissions must be received between the dates posted at the Entry Site (the Entry Period). Unless alternative instructions are set forth in the Promotion Rules, to enter without a donation, send your name, mailing address, day and evening telephone numbers, your email address if you have one, and the name of the experience prize Promotion you are entering on a form downloadable at the Entry Site or on a 3×5 card to Omaze: Charity Promotion Non-donating entry, P.O. Box 866, 9942 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232 postmarked no later than the last day of the Entry Period and received within 5 days thereafter. If alternative rules are set forth in the promotion rules to use an online free alternative method of entry (click here to view the online FAME), those rule apply. Entries do not comply with these specifications will not be considered. Enter as often as you wish, but each entry must be mailed separately.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Most Promotions are open to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who have reached the age of majority in the states of residence (18 except in AL and 19 in NE, 21 in MS). Employees of Omaze, the prize providers, and the Prize Provider mentioned in rule, and members of their immediate families, regardless of where they reside, are not eligible to enter. In addition, while we encourage Donations from all users of the Website, certain Promotions or Prizes may be limited to legal residents of the United States or may be subject to restrictions that prohibit residents of certain countries from participating. It is your responsibility to review any specific restrictions on the use or receipt of a Prize or entry into a Promotion contained in the specific rules for that Promotion before claiming that Prize or making a Donation. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE A DONATION TO ENTER a promotion, AND YOU CAN ALWAYS ENTER FOR FREE BY COMPLETING the RELEVANT ACTIVITY. Void in all countries on the United States list of embargoed countries and in countries where local laws prohibit entry. In all cases, the Promotion is void where prohibited by law.
3. SHARE WITH A FRIEND ENTRIES.
Certain Promotions may provide a unique code when you make a Donation that may be shared with your friends and you will receive one additional entry for every three friends that make a Donation during the Entry Period using your unique code, regardless of the amount of the Donation. Certain publications will be furnished with unique codes. A specified number of followers who reference a certain media publication’s unique code at the Entry Site during the Entry Period will receive one free entry. To enter using a blogger code, follow the instructions at the Entry Site.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. On or about 5 – 10 days following the close of the Entry Period, Omaze will conduct a random drawing to select 5 finalists who will be notified by phone, email or regular mail at the Omaze’s discretion. Odds of being named a finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received. It is possible that the same individual who has purchased multiple entries can have more than entry selected for the top 5. Thereafter, the Omaze will conduct a second random drawing to select the winner. Odds of winning will be 1:5 or better, depending on how many entries the individual has in the finals. The decisions of the Omaze and its agencies are final and binding regarding all aspects of the Promotion. The potential winner(s) will be notified by phone, email or regular mail at the discretion of Omaze. Winner(s) will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability and where legal, a publicity release, which must be returned within seven days of notification, as well as any other documents necessary to verify the winner’s identity and background, including but not limited to a background check. Travel companions will be required to sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of tickets. Omaze reserves the right to select a new winner from the finalists in the event that the first winner is unable to claim their prize, and/or poses a viable threat to the Prize Provider in any way. Omaze reserves the right to require a minimum dollar amount of donations before a random drawing will be conducted. If the Omaze elects to set a minimum, the amount will be set forth at the Entry Site. If the amount is not reached by the date specified at the Entry Site, no credit card donations will be processed, the Promotion will terminate and the prize will not be awarded.
5. PRIZE. A description of the prize and the prize restrictions will be posted at the Entry Site. The prize description shall be deemed a part of these official rules and is incorporated by referenced herein. The prize cannot be transferred or substituted, except by Omaze in its sole discretion. Omaze reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal state and local taxes are the responsibility of the winner. If a trip prize the following applies: Trip Package includes (i) roundtrip coach airfare for the amount of people specified at the entry page from the airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s resident to the city where the experience will take place, (ii) standard hotel accommodations and a meet and greet with the Prize Provider with the named at the Entry Site. All other expenses are the responsibility of the winner. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. The prize value may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations.
6. GRAND PRIZE CONDITIONS/RESTRICTIONS: Travel must be completed on dates to be provided by Omaze. Omaze is not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission of any third person with respect to the trip. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items once they are in the Grand Prize winner’s possession, will not be replaced. Airline and flight itinerary will be determined by Omaze in its sole discretion. Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary. In the event the grand prize winner and/or his or her guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Omaze in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Omaze reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience, in whole or in part, and send grand prize winner and/or his or her guest home with no further compensation. If the Prize Provider listed above is unable to meet with the winner, winner will receive the remainder of the trip package without additional compensation.
The winner’s guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, unless the guest is the child or legal ward of the winner, or otherwise approved by the Omaze.
If grand prize winner resides within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the site where the experience will take place (a Local Resident), in lieu of the round trip air transportation portion of the trip package, grand prize winner and guest will receive round-trip ground transportation of Omaze’s choice from grand prize winner’s residence to the hotel and meeting with the Prize Provider.
7. PUBLICITY GRANT. Winner(s), by acceptance of prize, except where prohibited, grants permission for Omaze and Prize Provider and their designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
8. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION. The Promotion and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in California and where the relevant contacts are with such state. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Promotion, each participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, the prize awarded or the determination of the official winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Participant further agree that in any cause of action, the Omaze’s and Prize Provider’s liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion, and in no event shall they be liable for attorneys’ fees and/or experts’ fees and costs. Participants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Omaze and Prize Provider are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, undelivered or garbled entries or for human, mechanical, electronic, network, or typographical errors otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion. Omaze and Prize Provider are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion. Omaze and Prize Provider are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading materials from or use of the web site. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Promotion or website, who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Omaze, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Promotion be, in Omaze’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Omaze, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play or submission of entries, Omaze reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Promotion and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner[s] from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken using the drawing procedures outlined above.
Entrants, by participating, agree that Omaze and Prize Provider will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death, to persons, or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Promotion. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
10. WINNER LIST. For the name[s] of the winner[s] send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Omaze, LLC, c/o Winner List, P.O. Box 866, 9942 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232.
OMAZE. Omaze, LLC, P.O. Box 866, 9942 Culver Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232.